Recipe by Marie
A wonderful combination of cabbage and Italian sausage in a marinara sauce served with Penne pasta.
Top Review by chef313633
My family enjoyed this very much.Sorry i had not gotten around to reviewing it yet, as i cooked this twice already, because we enjoyed it that much.I also slow simmered uncooked cabbage and uncooked sausage in layers coverd in my dutch pot.The juices blended well this way.I also used green cabbage once then savoy.We seemed to enjoy the green better.Yummy thanks so much.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 453.59 g Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 453.59 g savoy cabbage, cooked and chopped into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 709.77 ml marinara sauce
- 453.59 g penne
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and garlic in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add crumbled sausage, and sauté until meat is cooked.
- Add cooked cabbage pieces and salt and pepper to taste, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in Marinara Sauce, and cook for 5 minutes, until flavors have blended.
- Meanwhile, cook penne in a large, deep pot in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta, and return it to the pot with 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Stir for one minute over high heat, then place sauced pasta on serving platter and pour remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and serve.