Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful combination of cabbage and Italian sausage in a marinara sauce served with Penne pasta.
Make and share this Penne With Cabbage, and Italian Sausage in Marinara Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil and garlic in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add crumbled sausage, and sauté until meat is cooked.
- Add cooked cabbage pieces and salt and pepper to taste, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in Marinara Sauce, and cook for 5 minutes, until flavors have blended.
- Meanwhile, cook penne in a large, deep pot in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta, and return it to the pot with 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Stir for one minute over high heat, then place sauced pasta on serving platter and pour remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
My family enjoyed this very much.Sorry i had not gotten around to reviewing it yet, as i cooked this twice already, because we enjoyed it that much.I also slow simmered uncooked cabbage and uncooked sausage in layers coverd in my dutch pot.The juices blended well this way.I also used green cabbage once then savoy.We seemed to enjoy the green better.Yummy thanks so much.
Very tasty dish! I made this with regular green cabbage, since that is what I had in the fridge. I chopped it up and added it to the cooking sausage and let the two ingredients cook together. For the sauce, I used Classico di Napoli tomato and basil pasta sauce which gave the dish a nice taste. This makes quite a lot of pasta so we have our lunches and some of our suppers taken care of for this week! I will definitely make this again!
This is so simple and so delicious and the cabbage (I used regular green cabbage) added just enough bulk to make it a chunky, delicious sauce. I will definitely make it again. There was enough to feed an army so it would be good for potlucks!! Thanks for sharing