A wonderful combination of cabbage and Italian sausage in a marinara sauce served with Penne pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil and garlic in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- 2Add crumbled sausage, and sauté until meat is cooked.
- 3Add cooked cabbage pieces and salt and pepper to taste, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in Marinara Sauce, and cook for 5 minutes, until flavors have blended.
- 5Meanwhile, cook penne in a large, deep pot in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente.
- 6Drain pasta, and return it to the pot with 1/2 cup of sauce.
- 7Stir for one minute over high heat, then place sauced pasta on serving platter and pour remaining sauce on top.
- 8Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Cabbage, and Italian Sausage in Marinara Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1117.7
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 2196.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.1 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 36.0 g