Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick dish and tasty. I usually cut back on the amount of pasta to 1/2 pound.
- 1 lb penne (or other favorite Pasta)
- 3 cups broccoli, small flowerettes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Put Pasta in a large pot of boiling water, cook for 7 minutes.
- Add Broccoli cook for 1 minute (a little longer if you want the broccoli cooked a little more).
- Pasta should be tender but firm, the boccoli should be crisp.
- Meanwhile in a small pan saute the garlic in the butter for 3 minutes.
- Drain Pasta and put in into a warmed bowl.
- Mix in the garlic and season with salt& Pepper.
Bergy, I can't believe that this recipe has been with Zaar for 1 1/2 years and hasn't been discovered until now!! How wonderfully delicious and super easy to prepare! Just the right balance of garlic, pasta and broccoli. I didn't have any penne on hand so substituted bowtie pasta in it's place, but that was the only change I made. Absolutely delightful and I will be making this recipe again! Thanks, Bergy!!
This was really good, however, I think there was too much pasta. Next time I will decrease the amount. I reheated this and added Recipe #114102 - yummy.
I also make this and add 1 cup of chicken broth,fresh basi and sun- dried tomatoes - so good!