In ‘ Williams-Sonoma: Simple Suppers’
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Add 2 T salt and the pasta.
- 3Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until the pasta is al dente, according to package directions.
- 4Drain and return to the pot.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over med-high heat, toast pine nuts, stirring often, until fragrant and golden, about 2 minutes.
- 6Transfer to a small bowl.
- 7Add 1 T of the oil to the pan, add the bread crumbs, and toss until toasted and golden, 1-2 minutes.
- 8Add to the bowl with the pine nuts and stir to mix.
- 9Decrease the heat to medium and add 1 T of the oil to the pan.
- 10Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 11Stir in the wine and red pepper flakes, bring to a boil, and simmer until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- 12Add the hot pasta along with the remaining 4 T oil to the wine sauce in the pan and toss to coat the pasta.
- 13Add the bread crumb mixture, the cheese, and the basil and toss to combine.
- 14Season with salt and pepper.
- 15Divide among shallow bowls and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Basil and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 942.4
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 639.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 24.9 g