Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
In ‘ Williams-Sonoma: Simple Suppers’
Make and share this Penne With Basil and Pine Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add 2 T salt and the pasta.
- Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until the pasta is al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over med-high heat, toast pine nuts, stirring often, until fragrant and golden, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add 1 T of the oil to the pan, add the bread crumbs, and toss until toasted and golden, 1-2 minutes.
- Add to the bowl with the pine nuts and stir to mix.
- Decrease the heat to medium and add 1 T of the oil to the pan.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the wine and red pepper flakes, bring to a boil, and simmer until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Add the hot pasta along with the remaining 4 T oil to the wine sauce in the pan and toss to coat the pasta.
- Add the bread crumb mixture, the cheese, and the basil and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among shallow bowls and serve.