Recipe by Lainey39
From Woman's Day magazine.
Top Review by Camaro Chic
I admit I did not have a lot of hope for this recipe. Made it as listed but discovered I had no penne and substituted linguine. only had to add about 1/3 cup of the pasta water. May need more with penne. This was a really good recipe. The simplicity makes it good. And I do like bacon.... I will make it again often.
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne
- 10 slices bacon (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as package directs.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large, deep nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Remove all but 2 T fat from skillet.
- Add onion and mushrooms to skillet; saute 5 minutes until onion is golden.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add spinach; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes until wilted.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Add pasta to skillet with some of the reserved pasta water; toss.
- Add more water as necessary.
- Crumble bacon on top of pasta and serve with Parmesan.