Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is easy and uses only four main ingredients. The bacon adds a nice smoky flavor to the sauce.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (35 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb penne (or rigatoni)
- Saute onion and bacon in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent (do not brown onions).
- Pour off excess fat.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until sauce is lightly thickened.
- Add black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook penne or rigatoni according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Toss penne and sauce in large serving bowl and serve immediately.
absolutely yummy!!!! quick and easy to make!!! plus its very low in weight watchers points!fantastic!!!
It was simple to make and tasted very good. I sprinkled it with Romano cheese when I served it.