Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple, light pasta dish.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into thin lengthwise slices
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut diagonally into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, 2-3 slices, cut into 1 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips
- fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces penne
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- Heat the butter and oil in a big skillet; add in the onion; cook/stir over low heat for 5 minutes, until tender (do not brown).
- Add in asparagus; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add the salmon to the skillet; stir to blend; sprinkle w/ pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta in plenty of salted boiling water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain.
- Return pasta to pot; add the asparagus mixture and dill; toss to blend.
- Spoon into a large serving bowl and serve at once.