1/2 Photos of Penne With Asparagus Sauce
This is one of my all-time favorites, and anyone who has ever tried it has heartily agreed. It is simple, it is delicious and perfect as a meatless meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put water on for pasta; salt when boiled. Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain.
- 2Meanwhile, cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat and saute garlic and asparagus pieces for 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add tomatoes and their liquid. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, uncovered, slowly for about 15 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until well-combined.
- 4Add cream; cook and stir for about 3 minutes.
- 5Pour over cooked pasta and serve. Pass additional Parmesan cheese to taste.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Asparagus Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.3
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 790.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 22.2 g