Penne With Asparagus, Sage and Peas
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and asparagus and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes. add the stock and boil over high heat until reduced by half and the asparagus are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and cream to the skillet and boil over high heat until the sauce has thickened; 3 minutes.
- Stir in the penne and cook until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, sage and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to pasta bowls and serve imediately, passing additional cheese at the table.