Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A pasta dish everyone loves .
Make and share this Penne With Asparagus, Ricotta and Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- Peel asparagus stems, if desired. Cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, stir ricotta, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente; drain. Place in large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus in steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until just tender. Place asparagus on plate. Whisk 1/2-2/3 cup of the steaming liquid into ricotta mixture until smooth.
- Toss penne with ricotta mixture and asparagus. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.