Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A pasta dish everyone loves .
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 16 ounces penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- Peel asparagus stems, if desired. Cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, stir ricotta, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente; drain. Place in large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus in steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until just tender. Place asparagus on plate. Whisk 1/2-2/3 cup of the steaming liquid into ricotta mixture until smooth.
- Toss penne with ricotta mixture and asparagus. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.