Recipe by CHRISSYG
What speaks more of spring than asparagus? Velvety textures of cream and the smoked salmon are well balanced with crisp-tender asparagus and the freshness of lemon zest. This is a creamy flavorful dish that I've created on my own after trying some less than exciting versions from other cook books and magazines. I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by TUMaggieMay
This was pretty good. There wasn't enough sauce for the pasta and I had to make more. The flavor was pretty good though. I would make it again but I would double the sauce next time.
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb other short pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1 & 1/2 in. pieces
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, julienne, grated
- 4 -6 ounces smoked salmon or 4 -6 ounces nova lox
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons locatelli cheese or 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water per package directions. (al dente).
- Melt butter in frying pan and add shallots.
- Sautee’ 1-2 minutes until they begin to sweat.
- Add asparagus and continue to sautee’ until crisp-tender.
- Once the asparagus are crisp-tender add half and half, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons dill and salt. Bring to a light simmer.
- Drain pasta and add the pasta and the salmon to the cream sauce, lightly toss and heat through. Turn into serving bowl or platter and top with remaining dill and sprinkling of grated cheese.