1/2 Photos of Penne With Asparagus and Lemon-Parmesan Cream
This is similar but better then a dish served at my favorite restaurant Abruzzo in Hood River, Oregon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring often, until it's just tender, about 9 minutes.
- 2Scoop out 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside, then stir in the asparagus and cook until both the penne and the asparagus are tender, about 2 minutes.
- 3Drain well and return the asparagus and pasta to the pot along with 3/4 cup of the Parmigiano-Reggiano, cream, 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Set over medium heat and cook, stirring for a couple of minutes so cheese melts; add more of the pasta water if mixture becomes dry.
- 4Stir in the chives, lemon zest and the lemon juice. Season generously with salt, pepper and more lemon juice to taste.
- 5Serve with a sprinkling of the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Asparagus and Lemon-Parmesan Cream
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 362.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 17.0 g