Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Although we had this by itself for a light meatless supper this is also a great side dish with chicken or fish. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 2005)
- 16 ounces penne pasta (or other small pasta)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arugula, torn in pieces (spinach also works well)
- 4 ounces romano cheese, freshly grated (more or less depending on your taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- Put pasta in large bowl and toss with olive oil, argula cheese and the reserved water (if needed); toss again and season generously with pepper.
I used whole wheat penne, and thought it went well with the strong flavors here. Easy and good.
I made this for dinner using spinach and Parmesan cheese. Delicious! For the guys, I added about 2 cups cooked chicken and it made a great meal! I served this with lettuce, and pickled carrots. Thanks Ellie!