1/1 Photo of Penne with Artichokes, Pancetta, and Thyme
My husband tossed this together last night and it was a resounding success. I didn't write down the exact measurments as he is a handfull cook but this is pretty close. It was light and tasty! (Similar to Lumache AI Carciofi)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into thin strips
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 8 ounces penne (or enough for four)
- 1Put your water to boil and cook pasta.
- 2Drain the can of artichokes and slice into slivers.
- 3Melt butter in a large skillet over a medium heat.
- 4Add the onion and cook until it softens and turns a rich gold color.
- 5Add the pancetta and continue sauteing until the pancetta is nicely browned but not crisp Once the pasta is almost done, return the sauce to the heat.
- 6Add the artichoke hearts, salt, black pepper and thyme and boil away any excess liquid, leaving just a little moisture.
- 7When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and toss it with the sauce, adding the grated cheese.
- 8Taste for salt and pepper and serve at once with extra fresh grated parmigiano to top if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne with Artichokes, Pancetta, and Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 216.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: