Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband tossed this together last night and it was a resounding success. I didn't write down the exact measurments as he is a handfull cook but this is pretty close. It was light and tasty! (Similar to Lumache AI Carciofi)
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into thin strips
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 8 ounces penne (or enough for four)
- Put your water to boil and cook pasta.
- Drain the can of artichokes and slice into slivers.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it softens and turns a rich gold color.
- Add the pancetta and continue sauteing until the pancetta is nicely browned but not crisp Once the pasta is almost done, return the sauce to the heat.
- Add the artichoke hearts, salt, black pepper and thyme and boil away any excess liquid, leaving just a little moisture.
- When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and toss it with the sauce, adding the grated cheese.
- Taste for salt and pepper and serve at once with extra fresh grated parmigiano to top if desired.