Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious pasta dish! It makes a wonderful first course for a dinner party. It would also make a great vegetarian meal.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen artichokes
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (drained or reconstituted)
- 2 small dried hot red peppers, , or red pepper flakes (, or red pepper flakes)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- grated romano cheese
- Cook artichokes with water and lemon juice until tender.
- Cool artichokes, cut into quarters, reserve liquid.
- In large skillet, cook 4 T.
- (reserving 1 T.) minced garlic in 1 1/2 T.
- oil over medium high heat until golden.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add artichokes and tomatoes, simmer one minute.
- Add artichoke liquid, red peppers, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir bread crumbs and reserved 1 T.
- garlic in remaining 1/2 T.
- Pour artichoke sauce over penne in large bowl, toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and romano cheese.