Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serving size varies. Your lips will quiver with anticipation when making this. :o
- 1 lb penne
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 artichoke hearts, drained and sliced (in water not oil or all you will taste is oil)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions – al dente.
- Chop the capers.
- Sauté the onion in the extra virgin olive oil. Add the artichoke hearts and cook until the onions are pale gold.
- Add the capers and tomatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes to heat up the tomatoes and blend together the flavors.
- Drain pasta and add to the artichoke sauce. Serve and top with some of the chopped parsley and grated Parmesan. Have a little extra Parmesan at the table for those who just can’t get enough.