Prep 7 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from Taste of Home, and I tweaked it just a little. This is a comforting ooeey, gooey, Italian dish that goes great with a tossed salad and garlic bread. My husband and son love this, and it's on our table about once a month!
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked penne pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage link, casings removed
- 3 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet, sauté green pepper and onion in oil for 6-7 minutes. Add sausage; cook and stir until sausage is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese and pasta.
- Transfer to a 3 quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.