1/1 Photo of Penne Tricolore
This tastes really fresh and summery, and is really quick to make. Fresh homemade pesto is really nice if you have some to hand, but shop-bought will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces penne pasta, cooked until al dente
- 2 -3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon oil, from sun-dried tomato
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 -5 ounces spinach, baby leaf preferably
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 -4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, sliced thinly
- 1Roll the tomatoes in a teaspoon of the oil from the sundried tomatoes, and roast in a 220C oven for about 10 minutes, until just beginning to burst.
- 2Heat the remaining oil until just beginning to sizzle and add garlic and chili. Immediately add spinach and wilt for 2 minutes, add sundried tomatoes.
- 3Toss hot drained pasta with pesto, and stir into spinach. Stir in the roasted cherry tomatoes.
- 4Put pasta in serving bowls, topping with goats cheese, pine nuts before serving.
- 5Serve with Parmesan if you wish.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Tricolore
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.8
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 184.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: