Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Florentine Style Pasta. Valley of the Moon Winery recipe by Chef Robin Lehnhoff-McCray.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄3 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 cups canned Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, saute the onion, carrot, celery in oil until soft. Add the meat, and cook until done. Season with salt and peper. Add wine and cook 10 minutes. Add the parsley, tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add cooked pasta and let cook for 2 minutes to let the sauce penetrate the pasta. Serve topped with grated cheese.
This made an excellent pasta dinner. I did make a few minor changes to lighten it up a tad. I used miracle noodles for the pasta, a bit less oil, and ground turkey instead of beef. But other than that I made the recipe as stated with excellent results.