Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
What I do is just buy bulk Italian sausage. This is very good. I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think.
- 1 (1 lb) package penne or 1 (1 lb) packagetube pasta
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage link, casing removed
- 3 cups meatless sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet saute onion in oil for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add sausage,cook and stir until sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Transfer to a 3 qt baking dish coated with non stick spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Delish! I used Newmans pasta sauce w/ peppers. I added minced garlic while browning onions and sausage. Thanks for posting such an easy and tasty recipe.
Kim Thank you for a fabulous recipe. I found this from the random recipe tag game and what a find.. I had this ready when our son got out of his practice today and he ate every bite.. DH loved it too.. I made mine with jimmy dean italian sausage and it gave it a nice kick. I also used shredded parmesan and a bag of mozzarella.. This recipe is one that I hope others see especially those who want a really good meal and are on the go alot.. Highly recommend.. 5 stars plus.. Thanks kim1 for a great recipe. :)