Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from Light and Tasty Dec/Jan 02. A recipe Rachael Ray would be proud of. Can be made in 30 minutes!
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage link, casings removed
- 3 cups fat free meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Hint: Bring water to boil, pour in pasta, stir and place lid on pot. Set aside for 10 minutes; stirring once. Pasta will be cooked perfectly.
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 6 - 7 minutes. I did this in the microwave to save time.
- Add sausage; cook and stir until sausage is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to a 3 quart baking dish ocated with nonstick cooking spary. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 5 - 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.