1/1 Photo of Penne San Remo (Inspired by Buca Di Beppo)
Chef Vince Ang's Note:
Delicious dish served at Buca Di Beppo. Tender chicken breast, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and green peas tossed with imported Italian penne pasta in a white wine cream sauce. Note, since Buca is a restaurant, they use a pre-made Alfredo Sauce, and pre-cooked, breaded chicken breasts. This recipe reflects a more traditional, home-style cooking as opposed to the streamlined restaurant approach. Also at Buca, the chicken is added earlier in the cooking process (along with the artichokes and the sun-dried tomatoes.) They can do this because they use pre-made Alfredo sauce. Because this recipe involves making the Alfredo sauce, or white-wine cream sauce from scratch, it's better to add the chicken pieces at a later step so that the chicken retains some crispness and keeps from getting too mushy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g penne pasta
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 22.18 ml flour (for thickening the sauce)
- 236.59 ml flour (for chicken breading)
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning (you may substitute a combo of basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, garlic)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 44.37 ml olive oil (for sauteeing the chicken)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 44.37 ml olive oil (for the sauce)
- 29.58 ml fresh garlic (minced)
- 177.44 ml marinated artichoke (chopped into quarters)
- 118.29 ml green peas (cooked)
- 177.44 ml sun-dried tomato (julienne-cut)
- 78.07 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese
- 0.25 ml kosher salt (or amount according to taste. Table salt works fine)
- 1Cook Penne pasta according to packaging instructions (add salt.) Drain and set aside.
- 2Use a meat tenderizer to pound the meat to an even thickness (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch.) Cut the chicken breast in half, length wise.
- 3For breading the chicken breasts, combine flour, italian seasoning, salt, black pepper. Dredge chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture.
- 4In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil and butter then sauté the chicken on both sides, 3-5 minutes per side or until it turns golden brown.
- 5Remove the chicken from the pan and slice chicken into thin, bite-sized pieces about (3/8" thick.) Set aside. Remove as much of the cooked oil from the skillet and replace with fresh olive oil reserved for the sauce.
- 6Add minced garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichokes. Stir for about 2 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle the pan with the flour reserved for thickening the sauce. Stir until all ingredients are covered with flour, about 30 seconds.
- 8Add the white wine and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to low medium and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 9When much of the wine has evaporated or the sauce starts to thicken,raise the heat to medium and add the cream and stir for 30-45 seconds until well incorporated.
- 10Add the parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate all the ingredients (cheese melts into the sauce).
- 11Add the green peas and stir for about three minutes.
- 12Add the sliced chicken and the pasta to the pan and mix with the sauce. Make sure the pasta is thoroughly coated with the sauce. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne San Remo (Inspired by Buca Di Beppo)
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1130.4
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.5 mg
- Sodium 1311.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 47.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: