Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make and can be made up to 2 days ahead. This is from a healthy cooking cook book.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 10 ounces frozen peas, cooked
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- Combine sour cream, milk, mayonnaise, sugar, parsley, vinegar and black pepper in a blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Cover and refrigerate 45 minute.
- Combine cooked pasta, peas and bell peppers into a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and toss slightly until ingredients are coated.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate and serve within 2 days.
- Time does not include the 45 minutes for the dressing in the refrigerator.
We loved this. At first taste I thought it was too sweet, but the flavors kind of grow on you. I really enjoyed this. I only cooked my peas for a couple of minutes because I like them a little crisp in a salad like this. I did not use the nonfat or fat free ingredients because I didn't have them. This would be perfect for a barbeque get together. Thanks UPDATE: This is so much better after it sits in the refrigerator overnight. Dave just raved about it. Thanks
Delightful recipe - one that would suit a picnic, BBQ, family function or potluck really well to! I made this exactly as directed (used Equal in place of sugar though)- lovely! Then I added a bit of shredded cheddar to my second helping for a little extra - I think this has potential for lots of variations/add-ins. What a great recipe - thanks Brenda!!!