Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is best with fresh green beans. You can add grilled chicken to make it more filling.
- 6 ounces dry penne pasta (ziti, elbow macaroni or other short pasta)
- 8 ounces fresh Italian cut green beans, trimmed and bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces or 1 (9 ounce) package frozen Italian cut green beans, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups torn radicchio or 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, cleaned, trimmed, and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola (2 ounces)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding fresh green beans to pasta the last 5 to 7 minutes of cooking. (Or, add frozen and thawed beans the last 3 to 4 minutes.).
- Rinse pasta and beans well under cold running water; drain thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine Italian dressing, tarragon, and pepper.
- Add pasta, beans, and radicchio or cabbage; toss gently to coat.
- Serve on a bed of shredded spinach and top with the Gorgonzola cheese.