1/1 Photo of Penne Rosa
This is my homemade try at the "Penne Rosa" they serve at Noodles and Co. Its not exactly the same, but it IS almost as yummy! If you do not like spicy pastas, leave out the red pepper flakes or add more if you like a little kick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) box penne pasta
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 (8 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes (drained)
- 2 (16 ounce) jars alfredo sauce (I use 'light' Alfredo sauce to cut a few calories)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sliced mushrooms
- red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Fill a medium size pot with water and add red pepper flakes, bring to boil, add penne noodles.
- 2Cut chicken into pieces and cook thoroughly. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3Saute mushrooms.
- 4Thaw spinach and drain out all excess water.
- 5In a large saucepan mix Alfredo sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, spinach and more red pepper flakes (to taste). Simmer on low for 15-20 minute.
- 6Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl.
- 7Add chicken to pasta and stir.
- 8Add sauce and stir.
- 9Serve immediately and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional red pepper flakes if desired.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Rosa
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 286.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: