Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A very easy recipe to make and is very tasty. Found a recipe similar to this one several years ago and made my own modifications to achieve a nice flavor. This recipe doubles very well, but be careful when igniting the Vodka. I suggest that the Vodka and cayenne pepper be burned in separte batches, then combine together before continuing with the recipe.
- 1 lb penne rigate (or a pasta of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fluid ounces vodka
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup whole milk, homogenized
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pasta pot or a large cooking pot, fill 3/4 full with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add pasta and cook uncovered for about 12 minutes or until el dente'.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- In the meantime, in a medium size frying pan, heat Vodka and cayenne pepper until near boiling.
- CAREFULLY light the Vodka using a long stick match and let the alcohol burn off.
- USE CAUTION.
- Soon as the alcohol burns out, add the milk, heavy cream and ketchup.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and stir to blend.
- Cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Drain pasta well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour sauce mixture over and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and mix lightly.
- Serve immediately.