Recipe by Flavor VIsion
This is a dish full of flavor. It happens to be one of my favorite pasta dishes. I chose the penne pasta so the ridges would grab the sauce, which is absolutely delectable… Made up of a truffled cream sauce then tossed with prosciutto, spring peas or fava beans and parmigiano cheese. You will love this dish…
- 1 lb whole wheat penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 tablespoons truffle butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto, julienned
- 3⁄4 cup spring peas (I prefer Fava beans, peel the fava beans)
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta al dente. Set aside.
- In a heavy sauce pan sauté the garlic with the olive oil, about 2 minutes then add the spinach, peas and the white wine and reduce 50%.
- Once reduced add the cream, truffle butter, prosciutto, and bring to a simmer.
- Finally add the cooked pasta; turn the heat to high and cook until the pasta is fully coated, shake the pan vigorously to prevent sticking.
- Season to taste with salt, add the truffle oil, fresh basil, and the grated parmigiano, toss.
- You can add fresh ground pepper to top it off if you like. Serve immediately.