Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes right from the box of healthy harvest whole wheat penne pasta. Posting to try!
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat penne rigate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 26 ounces pasta sauce, your favorite flavor
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Saute pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in pasta sauce, chicken and basil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce mixture over pasta.
Needed a way to use up some leftover chicken and needed a good recipe for a dish to take to a potluck. This recipe was the right one, and it was a good dish. Very simple to make and tasty too!! Thanks for posting.