Prep 5 mins
Cook 31 mins
This nutritious low-fat penne recipe can effectively spark the taste buds as either a refreshing first course, or a carefree lunch dish. This is an original created by Chef Antonio Cecconi of Minneapolis.
- 16 ounces penne rigate
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 small Thai peppers or 2 small jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup hearts of palm in brine, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package instructions,el dente, (DO NOT OVERCOOK).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large (12") frying pan over medium heat.
- Add mint, peppers and 1 tablespoon of cilantro and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cucumber, hearts of palm, 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts and lemon zest.
- Add water, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta well and add to frying pan.
- Toss well, cover and cook for 3 minutes over high heat.
- When done, transfer pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon of cilantro and 1 tablespoon of peanuts.
- Serve while hot.