Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the kitchen of "Dreamfields Pasta" and Chef Jim Coleman - March 1, 2010 article. We tried these and diabetics can eat them without too much to worry about. High-Fiber, italian, Low-Calorie, Low-Digestible-Carbs, Low-Saturated-Fat, main-dish, penne, quick, salads :)
- 2 cups dreamfields penne rigate
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, shaved off
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed, blanched, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb cold smoked salmon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and tarragon or dill (I prefer dill - due to the fact of tarragons licorice flavor).
- Add chopped shallot.
- In large bowl, toss together asparagus, salmon and pasta.
- Add dressing; toss gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives.