From the kitchen of "Dreamfields Pasta" and Chef Jim Coleman - March 1, 2010 article. We tried these and diabetics can eat them without too much to worry about. High-Fiber, italian, Low-Calorie, Low-Digestible-Carbs, Low-Saturated-Fat, main-dish, penne, quick, salads :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dreamfields penne rigate
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, shaved off
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed, blanched, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb cold smoked salmon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- 3Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and tarragon or dill (I prefer dill - due to the fact of tarragons licorice flavor).
- 4Add chopped shallot.
- 5In large bowl, toss together asparagus, salmon and pasta.
- 6Add dressing; toss gently to coat.
- 7Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- 8Sprinkle with chopped chives.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Rigate and Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 706.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 20.7 g