Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make this only if you are a lover of capers, anchovies and Kalamata olives....if you love food with extreme flavor, then you will love this dish!
- 1 lb penne pasta (uncooked, can use more)
- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovies, drained and chopped (RESERVE the oil, can use 2 cans!)
- olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1⁄4 cup capers (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Cook the penne in a large pot of salted boiling water until JUST firm-tender; drain, cover and set aside.
- Season the chicken thighs with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Heat oil from the anchovies with some olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken thighs and brown/cook for about 15 minutes (7-8 minutes on each side) remove the chicken to a bowl.
- Add in chopped anchovies, garlic, onion and red pepper flakes; saute for 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken back to the skillet and add in crushed tomatoes, olives and capers; simmer over medium heat or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the sauce has thickened (about 1 hour) season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the cooked pasta to the sauce; stir to coat the pasta.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.