Recipe by Soup Lady
A yummy, healthy vegetarian pasta!
Top Review by Peachie Keene
I rarely leave reviews anymore because I am seldom online, but this recipe was worthy of finding a way to get online JUST to give it the 5 stars it deserves!! This dish is so so so AMAZING! One of the few ways my hubby will eat zucchini; this has become one of our favorite meals. Thank you so much for posting it!!
- 2 zucchini, sliced into half moon shapes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 basil leaves, torn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes, in their liquid
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup small black olives
- 1⁄2 of a lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- coarse kosher salt
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, garlic, basil, tomatoes, capers, olives, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt (to taste). Place in refrigerator while pasta cooks.
- Meanwhile, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Salt the water and add penne rigate.Cook for 12 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain pasta and add the prepared vegetables, red pepper flake, and black pepper.
- Stir gently to combine all ingredients and serve.