Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a classic uncomplicated yet delicious pasta dish.
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 8 black olives
- 3 -4 fresh Italian plum tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 796 ml canned tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 lb ribbed penne
- chopped flat leaf parsley
- Rinse capers and anchovy fillets. Drain and blot with paper towels.
- Pit olives and chop finely. Chop anchovies finely.
- Dice fresh and canned tomatoes.
- Place oil in a saucepan pver low heat. Add whole garkic cloves, tomatoes, capers, olives anchovies and chilli flakes. Cook over high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Pour one cup of sauce into a hot serving platter.
- Add the drained pasta. Coat well with sauce.
- Serve in 4 heated deep plates or pasta bowls. Garnish each serving with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.