Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty, satisfying vegetarian main dish. This is also good served as a side dish with grilled meat or poultry.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 3 cups diced peeled eggplants
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Cook pasta in boiling water to desired doneness.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine eggplant, tomatoes, beans, garlic, sugar, and pepper; mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- Add pasta to eggplant mixture; stir gently to mix.
- Sprinkle each serving with parsley.