Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A meal for when you want something light.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. When garlic is tender, remove from skillet and set aside. Place the broccoli and carrot in the skillet, and cook 2 minutes, just until heated through.
- In a pot, bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
- Stir in the penne pasta and heated crushed garlic clove. Cook for 5 minutes, or until pasta is almost al dente.
- Remove and discard garlic clove.
- Transfer the partially cooked pasta and broth to the skillet.
- Mix in the peas. Cover skillet, and continue cooking 10 minutes over medium heat, or until pasta is al dente and vegetables are tender.
- Toss with the Parmesan cheese to serve.
This meal made it to the favorite list of my boyfriend additonally it is easy to prepare. What more can you ask for.