Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Penne noodles in a creamy mushroom gorgonzola sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 cups penne pasta, cooked al dente (enough to absorb sauce but with a little left over)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped roma tomato
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 16 pieces
- Using a medium saute pan, add oil, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and tomatoes, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and then saute until mushrooms are soft.
- Add chicken about halfway through the saute (you can also use grilled chicken and add it at the end if you want).
- Now add cream and half and half mixture with the gorgonzola cheese and Parmesan; put back on a medium flame; reduce until bubbles thicken, but don't overcook! The sauce will become clumpy on noodles once served, if overcooked.
- Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper for taste (you most likely will have to do this).
- If you precooked the noodles warm them up in a hot water bath before adding to the sauce.
- Add a little water to the sauce with the noodles because the noodles really absorb the sauce.
- Note: This recipe should make 1 serving and you usually add about a handful and a half of cooked penne to the sauce. I hope you enjoy this recipe, it is so delicious, and I hope my amounts are correct!