Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is best prepared as required.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 g large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum or 1 pepper, finely diced
- 100 g small mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 435 g tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 140 g pizza sauce
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chili pepper (optional)
- 500 g penne pasta
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat oil in large pan, add prawns; cook until just tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove prawns; set aside.
- Add garlic, capsicum and mushrooms to same pan; stir over medium heat for 2 minutes
- Add tomatoes, water, sauce, stock cube and chili; bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered , for about 10 mins, or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain.
- Add pasta and prawns to pan with pizzaiola sauce; stir over heat until pasta is coated with sauce and mixture heated through.
- Serve garnished with parsley if desired.