Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from Cooking Light. It is nice as a main meal or a side dish.
Make and share this Penne Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- We reduced the amount of oil, pine nuts, cheese, and butter usually found in a classic pesto, cutting 28 grams of fat per serving without losing any flavor.
- Avoid packing the basil leaves when you measure them so you won't use too much.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely minced.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Stir in cheeses and butter until blended.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to pesto, tossing to coat.