Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping with a slight twist as a nod to a favorite salad. Found in California Sizzles.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very nice recipe, DH added salt but for me it was perfect. I did add sauteed mushrooms because I had them and thought they would go well with the dish (added them with the walnuts and onions), it was a nice addition but definitely not necessary, this is an excellent dish as it stands. I also didnt have spinach leaves, so used green onions to garnish. Lovely recipe, much enjoyed, thank you Kate, one I'll be making again! Made for PRMR tag game
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 3 -4 ounces mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- fresh spinach leaves, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add green onions and walnuts and saute over medium heat until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to skillet along with goat cheese. Reduce heat to low and stir gently until cheese melts.
- Add whipping cream and Romano cheese. Season with pepper and stir well. Garnish with spinach leaves if desired. Serve immediately.