Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This is an excellent pasta dish to be served with any chicken dishes.
Top Review by sweetatforty
used lemon juice instead of rind, mozzarella with dry parmesion , no zuchini ... everything else was exact and it was great. cant wait to do it again with zuchini and squash. yum! thank you.
- 226.79 g penne pasta, dry
- 946.36 ml broccoli florets
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 473.18 ml sliced zucchini
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml hot red pepper flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 946.36 ml fresh spinach, chopped small
- 2.46 ml grated fresh lemon rind
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add broccoli for the last 2 minutes of cooking pasta.
- Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, add olive oil, garlic, onion and mushrooms and saute' for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add sliced zucchini and continue to saute' for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium, add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in spinach and lemon rind; cook covered for 2 minutes or until spinach is tender.
- When done, add cooked mixture to pasta/broccoli and toss to coat well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.