Recipe by AZPARZYCH
I prefer cooked/wilted spinach over uncooked so this sound good. Posting for safe keeping.
Top Review by ellie_
very good. I skipped the oil as the bacon has enough fat in it to cook by itself; otherwise I followed the directions as written for a very easy and good dinner accompanied with salad. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the penne pasta, and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place bacon in the skillet, and cook until browned and crisp.
- Add garlic, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, and cook until heated through.
- Place the spinach into a colander, and drain the hot pasta over it so it is wilted.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl, and toss with the remaining olive oil, and the bacon and tomato mixture.