Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I prefer cooked/wilted spinach over uncooked so this sound good. Posting for safe keeping.
Make and share this Penne Pasta With Spinach and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the penne pasta, and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place bacon in the skillet, and cook until browned and crisp.
- Add garlic, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, and cook until heated through.
- Place the spinach into a colander, and drain the hot pasta over it so it is wilted.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl, and toss with the remaining olive oil, and the bacon and tomato mixture.
very good. I skipped the oil as the bacon has enough fat in it to cook by itself; otherwise I followed the directions as written for a very easy and good dinner accompanied with salad. Thanks for sharing!
This is a wonderful tasting and easy to make dish! The spinach was just perfect using the hot pasta water - cooked but not mushy. I skipped the olive oil since the bacon has plenty of fat on its own, and drained the bacon grease before adding the tomatoes and garlic. My whole family devoured this. I could eat this as a meal in itself.
This was a quick and tasty dinner to put together. I cut the pasta in half but left the rest and got 3 servings. I used bacon from the "fancy" meat store we treat ourselves to on occasion and it was delicious in the pasta, not over powering or too salty. I would add some herbs next time. Made for PRMRT