Recipe by Tish
Made this one on the fly. Hope you enjoy. It was good with a crusty bread and salad.
Top Review by MizzNezz
This was very good. I added the sauce to the skillet with the sausage and pepper and kept it warm while the penne cooked. Tossed it all together and served it with a lot of fresh grated Parmesan cheese. We had a crisp salad and some warm garlic bread. Servd a nice red rose wine (Livingston's) to drink. This was an easy recipe that produced a very tasty dish. I will make this again!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup canned tomato, in thick puree
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb penne pasta
- 1 lb pork sausage
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice with the paprika, cumin, ginger, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and the cilantro.
- In a skillet, cook sausage and red peppers until pepper is almost soft.
- Let cool while pasta is cooking In a large pot of boiling water, cook the penne pasta, about 12 minutes or al dente.
- Add sausage and pepper to tomato sauce.
- Drain, then toss penne with the tomato sauce.
- Serve with parmigiano cheese.