Recipe by Manda
Another simple, vegetarian pasta and veggie dish; VERY low in fat and calories, and the balsamic vinegar works it's wonders once again! I eat this often during lent, and leftovers are also good cold the next day.
Top Review by bebefisher
I used this recipe for roasting veggies, which I've never tried before, It worked great! I added chopped garlic and served it which mixed grains that I have cooked in the rice cooker (bulgar, quinoa, millet). It was great. I put in in single servings baggies, freeze it, and take it for lunch. I works well both warm and cold. Once I dressed it with a litttle meyer lemon olive oil before serving and that was good too.
- 1 (1 lb) eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled,seeded,and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, halved lenghtwise,and cut into 1-inch pieces (1 lb. each)
- 2 red peppers, cored,seeded,and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat 2 shallow baking pans with cooking spray.
- Mix eggplant, squash, zucchini, peppers, onion, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper in large bowl.
- Coat veggies with cooking spray and toss.
- Divide between 2 pans.
- Roast in oven 35 minutes until lightly browned and tender.
- Cook pasta according to package and drain, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Toss veggies, pasta, vinegar, garlic, remaining salt and pepper with enough pasta liquid to moisten.