Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This excellent and easy recipe can be topped with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese to add some extra zest. Enjoy with some garlic bread for a light meal, if desired
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red bell peppers and yellow bell peppers and saute for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Pour this vegetable mixture over cooked pasta and serve.