1/1 Photo of Penne Pasta With Mushroom Clam Sauce and Cheeses
Big name for a recipe, but it's sure a good one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne pasta or 1 lb any tubular type pasta
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1 (8 ounce) can clams, chopped with the juice
- 1 pinch parsley
- 1Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet.
- 2Add olive oil, onions, mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- 3Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder and the wine.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat, add clams and cook until thickened.
- 5Cook pasta and drain.
- 6In a double boiler mix cream, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and the cheeses. Stir until melted.
- 7Keep warm.
- 8In a large bowl, mix together pasta, cheese mixture, clam mixture and parsley.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Pasta With Mushroom Clam Sauce and Cheeses
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1012.4
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 452.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 29.1 g