Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Big name for a recipe, but it's sure a good one.
Make and share this Penne Pasta With Mushroom Clam Sauce and Cheeses recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb penne pasta or 1 lb any tubular type pasta
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 (8 ounce) can clams, chopped with the juice
- 1 pinch parsley
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet.
- Add olive oil, onions, mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder and the wine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, add clams and cook until thickened.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- In a double boiler mix cream, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and the cheeses. Stir until melted.
- Keep warm.
- In a large bowl, mix together pasta, cheese mixture, clam mixture and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
My family really enjoyed this recipe. I added a full cup of marsala wine instead of half for more wine flavour. When served on the plate, we added parmasean cheese and ground pepper. I sent a big bowl over to my neighbour as well. :) Thanks for posting!
Creamy and delicious! I thought the blue cheese would smother some of the flavors, but it really doesn't...you wouldn't even know there is blue cheese in the sauce. I followed the recipe exactly except I sauteed fresh garlic with the onion, instead of garlic powder, and I used 12 oz of clams instead of 8 oz. This recipe is definately a keeper...thanx for sharing!