1/1 Photo of Penne Pasta With Multi-Colored Peppers
Which in Canada is Salade de pates au poivron, or so they say. I haven't tried this yet because I'm posting it for the WT 06. In the original recipe by Debra Weber, she says you can use 20 small Nicoise or the Kalmata olives, but it would not let me post that so I'm putting it here. This really sounds good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the pasta according to the pasta directions.
- 2Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 3Cool at room tenperature.
- 4Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saute pan, add the pepper slices and cook for about 10 minutes.
- 5Drain them on paper towels and reserve.
- 6Put the basil and garlic in the bowl of a food processor.
- 7Add the rest of the olive oil, salt and pepper and puree.
- 8Pour the basil "sauce" over the pasta and toss.
- 9Add the reserved peppers and olives and toss together.
- 10To serve divide the penne/pepper salad among 4 plates and garnish each with reserved basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Pasta With Multi-Colored Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 937.3
- Calories from Fat 626
- Total Fat 69.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g