Recipe by chefpam
I came up with this by adding a couple of different recipes and adding touches of my own ideas. The whole family loved it! Prep time and cooking time is an estimate. So are the servings. This was kind of a throw together meal that worked!
Top Review by Little_Sister
Nice and delicate pasta dish! Made super easy by buying already grilled chicken breast from the deli. Went with the fresh basil option. Made 4-6 servings for two of us?it was even better the next day! Will try cooking pasta in chicken broth next time for added flavor.
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, chopped (optional)
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups mini penne pasta, uncooked
- water or chicken broth, to cook pasta in
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup favorite Italian dressing, not creamy (I used Northern Italian)
- 10 -15 black olives or 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken in favorite marinade and grill until done. You can leave out the chicken for a great vegetarian meal.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix tomatoes with oil, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 12 minutes in shallow baking pan.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions in water or broth add 1/4 cup white wine.
- Smash cooked tomatoes with back of wooden spoon.
- Chop chicken, if using.
- Drain pasta.
- Mix pasta, tomatoes, chicken and olives together. Add white wine and dressing.
- Serve warm.