1/2 Photos of Penne Pasta With Grilled Chicken and Roasted Tomatoes
I came up with this by adding a couple of different recipes and adding touches of my own ideas. The whole family loved it! Prep time and cooking time is an estimate. So are the servings. This was kind of a throw together meal that worked!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, chopped (optional)
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups mini penne pasta, uncooked
- water or chicken broth, to cook pasta in
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup favorite Italian dressing, not creamy (I used Northern Italian)
- 10 -15 black olives or 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1Marinate chicken in favorite marinade and grill until done. You can leave out the chicken for a great vegetarian meal.
- 2Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix tomatoes with oil, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 12 minutes in shallow baking pan.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions in water or broth add 1/4 cup white wine.
- 4Smash cooked tomatoes with back of wooden spoon.
- 5Chop chicken, if using.
- 6Drain pasta.
- 7Mix pasta, tomatoes, chicken and olives together. Add white wine and dressing.
- 8Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Pasta With Grilled Chicken and Roasted Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 237.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g