Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy summer pasta with lots of flavours.
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200 g zucchini, juliene
- 200 g black olives
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 500 g penne pasta or 500 g pasta, of choice
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain with a little olive oil.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan add garlic, zucchini and both capsicums and stir over high
- heat for 2-3 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Stir in feta cheese, olives and thyme.
- Cook 1 minute more and season to taste.
- Toss vegetable/cheese mixture through the pasta and garnish with chopped herbs.
This dish was very easy to make and fresh. My friends and I enjoyed it a lot. I changed the zucchini to champignons and used green olives as we didn't have any black ones and this was very yummy, too.
This was a great, fresh recipe! I added extra feta as well as a can of organic diced tomatoes with oregeno seasoning. Very good dish for my toddler!
Great recipe! My daughters and I really enjoyed this pasta dish. We used gluten-free pasta and baby grape tomatoes (we left them whole). I used about double the feta cheese as my daughters adore it. I'm not sure how many olives to use as they weren't listed in the ingredient list...so I figured this was just to your own preference/liking. Great flavours and I really liked the capsicum and zucchini. Probably next time I'll use the whole capsiucms and double the amount of zucchini. Fantastic dinner for a quick meal or a hot summers night. Just 15 minutes from starting the preparation to completion of the meal. Thanks for a great recip...we'll definitely make this one again. Photo also being posted. :)