Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Penne Pasta With Chicken, Mushrooms and Pesto Sauce
- 4 ounces penne rigate (can use pasta of your choice)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1/2 lb)
- 5 -6 sliced white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese (can use Gorgonzola cheese)
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves, for garnishing
- Boil pasta in salted water according to directions on the package.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Cut chicken into small pieces, season with salt and pepper and cook in olive oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until the outside appears cooked.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 4-5 minutes, so they release water.
- Add pesto sauce and stir until evenly distributed. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes on medium.
- Add heavy cream, stir and then add blue cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. The sauce should thicken and get creamy.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the sauce and stir to evenly distribute the sauce.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese on top.